Wine Pairing and Classes
As Chef By Request (CBR) climbed the culinary ladder with an A-list and high profile food, we soon learned that the wine was just as important and that's what
CBR's wine programs are all about good food and good wine.
We understand that to some individuals, wine can be intimidating and confusing.
So like many people, they drink what they know or stick within their comfort
zone. Let CBR help you understand and appreciate the pleasure of pairing the perfect
food with the perfect wine.
Selecting the "Perfect" Food for your Wine Selection
In some settings, you may choose to prepare more classical, richer and fuller bodied
foods. This requires wines that are able to stand up to the food and hold their own as far as their position on our pallets. Other situations require
you to design a menu that is themed with regional or international flavors. Wine for
these events must be chosen with each flavor profile of the menu
item and CBR can help. The single flavor tones, such as; spice level, fat content, or acid level must be taken into consideration when selecting the perfect wine.
You will learn about food and wine together and how they compliment each other. This removes the complication
and, in time, the pairings become fun, easy, and really get you out of
your comfort zone. In each session or event that we hold, an exciting variety of foods, flavors and hand selected wines will be the focal point.
Tasting, enjoying, and keeping it social is what makes food and wine so fun and trendy.
Types of Events
The following types of events and forums will be held at CBR's
state-of-the-art facility or at a location of your choice.
- Intimate hors d'oeuvre and wine pairings held in the CBR boardroom. [Two
hours. 10 people max]
- Interactive open kitchen wine parties serving an array of fine wines perfect for groups.
- Industry vendor tastings. Learn brands and varietals from the people who represent the vineyards and wine makers.
A great opportunity to buy at wholesale cost, plus 10%.
- Privately reserved wine and food pairing parties. Host these at your place or
at CBR. [Minimum guest count starts at 10 people]
- Themed wine events and tastings. Included are a selection of tasty foods and wine from a specific
region both Regional American or International.
- VIP tastings. This event will showcase CBR's allocated wine selections and be paired with a menu designed of smaller plated chef specialties.
- Lake Michigan Food and Wine Cruise. Held every summer on a private yacht you won't want to miss this
one! Learn more about Lake Michigan Cruises.
- Multi-course wine dinners that revolve around elegant served courses and allocated fine
wines. In some cases, the wine makers are able to join us for the evening.
For More Information
us today to discover what Chef By Request can do for you and how to make your wine
tasting event an outstanding success.
Chef By Request personally works with 11 different wine purveyors, each boasting a vast portfolio of wines from around the world. Each event will
vary in length of time, location, and cost.
For private reserved groups, the criteria may be manipulated in any fashion and executed to perfectly fit your
Reasons for getting involved
- Enjoy your tastings directly with the Chef and guest wine experts.
- Time to time offerings to buy your favorite wines at wholesale cost plus 10%.
- Give personalized gift certificates to friends and family and have them join in the fun.
- Host private wine and food parties at your place or at CBR's